How to an Amazon like marketplace?
Open any successful ecommerce site, what’s the most common thing in them? A myriad product from multiple Sellers? Yes, that’s the most striking feature of any top online marketplace.
The constantly rising yearly revenue of Amazon has inspired several others to last year’s report, its net revenue was 135.99 billion US dollars which is a good increase from 2015’s net revenue of 107.01 billion US dollars.
We can take the example of a relatively new one WordPress, a free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL.
Then, you would need a domain name and hosting. This step involves some amount of investment. There are a number of hosting options available in the market, but as per your need you must select the right one. This article on the best hosting solutions would help you decide on the right one. And you must also be aware of how a
Then comes the part of deciding how you want your store. For every theme might not be compatible with every plugin.
Now, since we are aware of the plugins which you are definitely going to need, we would suggest the following themes –
If you don’t want torefront, Hestia, Zerif Lite, Shapely etc.
Or else some of the premium themes which are specifically created tory-multi-vendor-shop-coupon-affiliate-theme/7646339?s_rank=1″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”>REHub.
Create a marketplace…
Now that your site is up and running, it’s ready tomattic itself. WooCommerce comes with a lot of functionality and a number of basic requirements like free shipping, flat rate, sales price, variations etc. can be setup within WooCommerce itself.
Get your vendors…
Now, we come to sell their products. This is definitely the most important trait of an online marketplace. The plugin that can help you easily achieve this is the Dokan plugin. You can get a detailed documentation about it here.
Why should you go for a multi-vendor site?
1. There would be a number of product options for the customers.
2. It widens the demographics you can appeal to.
3. It earns you an easy commission.
4. Marketing base widens.
Why use Dokan multi-vendor plugin?
1. It supports a wide range of product types like -simple, variable, downloadable, virtual,
subscription and bookable products.
2. It plays well with a large number of themes which are compatible with WooCommerce.
3. A rich frontend dashboard for both customers and vendors which lets them easily manage
inventory, sales, orders, coupons and discounts.
4. Useful analytics which include detailed reports and statements regarding store.
5. Vendors can easily manage the SEO settings for their store page.
6. Vendors can integrate their social media profiles.
7. It’s very easy for the admin to communicate with the vendors by broadcasting important
announcements for either all the vendors or specific vendors.
8. As an admin, you can broadcast important announcements for all vendors or specific.
9. Admin has the power to activate or deactivate a vendor’s selling rights. Admin can also
choose to publish products
without the need for a review.
10.A good review and rating system.
Start selling and shipping…
Now that you have multiple vendors and enough products to install some of the shipping plugins in your site.
Again, the shipping service you would be selecting has a lot to do with the base location, types of products you sell etc. Moreover, there’s limited shipping plugins which play well with the multi-vendor scenario. We can suggest the shipping plugins like – WooCommerce DHL Express / eCommerce / Paket Shipping Plugin with Print Label ; WooCommerce FedEx Shipping Plugin with Print Label
In order to install a free Multi-vendor addon.
After all the above plugins are installed, with just a few clicks, you store is completely ready.
Provided you are not planning top payment gateways, and select the one that fits you best.
This was a set of all the essential plugins. However, when you actually create an online marketplace, you might be required to go.