Setting Up Magento 2.0 Default FedEx Shipping ExtensionBesty
FedEx Corporation is an American global courier delivery services company. The company has expanded from its original focus on ground and air-based services to include home delivery options and a retail division,Internationally. With an array of shipping solutions available, you can send packages conveniently. You can choose the speed of FedEx Express, the everyday value of FedEx Ground or one of flexible options for international shipping.
This tutorial will give you an excellent launch pad to kick start the usage of Fedex shipping extension. It will give you all the essential knowledge and step-by-step instructions.
Setting Up FedEx extension
You can configure FedEx Shipping method as per your requirement. You can navigate to settings as:
- Navigate to Admin Dashboard > Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods > FedEx.
The general setting fields are as shown below:
- Enabled for Checkout: Select Yes from the drop-down list to enable the FedEx shipping method.
- Title: Method Title is visible in Cart page. Specify Title as required(defined by you).
API settings are used to get real rates, labels and tracking information from FedEx.
Get API Access From FedEx
To get the API access , you need to have Test Account and Live Account. By using Test Account details, get real-time rates & generate sample labels. After successful testing, contact FedEx to get the Live access. The procedure is as given below:
Getting Test Account details
- You need to Register with FedEx to get Test Account Number, Test Meter Number, Developer Test Key & Test Password.
- After registration, you get Test Account Number, Test Meter Number, and Developer Test Key in your registered Email. It is shown as below:
Test Account Information
You also get Test Password in another Email.It is as shown below:
3. While getting rates or printing labels in Test mode, Disable Production Key checkbox in the extension settings.
Note : If you are getting authorization error then the TEST credentials are not correct, contact FedEx support. Temporarily, you can use our Test Account details as given below: However, you have to get your own valid test credentials.
- FedEx Account Number: 510087127
- FedEx Meter Number: 118675423
- Web Services Key: q8ncE6XYWCf4kPNx
- Web Services Password: WwVzOMiam84RYDrn98nZL5Wo3
However, you have to get your own valid test credentials.
Getting Live Account details
- To get Live access, Please contact FedEx support.
- Enter the Live Account details in the extension settings.
- Select No option in Sandbox Mode field in the extension settings.
Advanced Services Authorization to use Print Label feature
- You need to contact FedEx with the sample label generated using Test Account details.
- Please follow Certification Guidelines to get Advanced Services for printing the labels.Note: During Registration for FedEx Web Service Production Access, select the FedEx Web Services for Shipping ( include Rate, Track, etc) checkbox in Application Profile window.
API Setting fields are as shown below:
- Account ID: Enter Account ID which is provided by FedEx.
- Meter Number: Enter Meter Number which is provided by FedEx.
- Key: Enter web service Key which is provided by FedEx.
- Password: Enter the password of your account.
- Sandbox Mode: With this field, you can set a test mode for printing the labels. The available options are as given below:
- Yes: Enable the test mode.
- No: Disable the test mode.
- Web-Service URL(Production): Enter web-service URL provided by FedEx.
Package Request Type
Here, you can select the package type for packing the order. The shipping cost changes according to the options selected . The Settings are as shown below:
- Packages Request Type: The available options are as given below:
- Divide to equal weight(one request): Package is selected on the basis of Maximum Package Weight (Please consult your shipping carrier for maximum supported shipping weight) field and the total of the cart.
- Use Origin Weight (few request): Package is selected on the basis of each product’s weight.
- Packaging: Select a required container for packing the items from the drop-down list. The available options are as given below:
- FedEx Envelope
- FedEx Pak
- Fedex Box
- FedEx Tube
- FedEx 10 Kg Box
- FedEx 25 Kg Box
- Your Packaging
- Dropoff: You can have your shipments picked up at your location or drop them off at a FedEx location near you, including FedEx Office locations. The available options are as given below:
- Regular Pickup
- Request Courier
- Drop Box
- Bussiness Service Center
For more information, See FedEx Pickup and Dropoff.
- Weight Unit: Extension converts product weight to the selected unit. Weight in selected unit gets passed to FedEx. The available options are as given below:
- Pounds: Product weight gets converted to the pound before sending it to FedEx API.
- Kilograms: Product weight gets converted to Kilograms before sending it to FedEx API.
- Maximum Package Weight (Please consult your shipping carrier for maximum supported shipping weight): Enter the required maximum limit for the single package after consulting the carrier.
Handling Fee Settings
You can add the extra shipping price to actual shipping cost either for entire order or per package. You can mention the fixed amount or the percentage of the total order. The settings are as shown below:
If the destination is the residential address, then select Yes from the given drop-down list. The Setting is as shown below:
You can select the methods which you want to be available for the customers, you can specify free shipping methods, or you can specify the threshold amount for free shipping. The settings are as given below:
- Allowed Methods:Select the methods which you want to be available for the customers from the drop-down list.
- Hub ID: By utilizing the U.S. Postal Service® for final delivery, FedEx reaches every U.S. address, including P.O. boxes and military APO, FPO and DPO destinations. FedEx manages 25 hubs which are strategically positioned to handle outbound and returns volume efficiently.
Enter the ID of required Hub in this field.
- Free Methods: Select the methods which you want to be available free of cost for the customers from the drop-down list.
- Free Shipping Amount Threshold: Select Enable option from the drop-down list if you want to specify the threshold amount for free shipping.
- Free Shipping Amount Threshold: If the order amount is more than the specified amount, then you need to provide free shipping for the customer. Enter the amount according to your requirement.
Display Error Message
In case, the customer does not get any shipping method, this specified message is displayed to the customer. The setting is as shown below:
The Country settings are as shown below:
Ship to Applicable Countries: This field allows you to select countries for shipping. The available options are as given below:
- All allowed Countries: This option provides availability of the extension to the customers in all countries which are set in General Settings. It is set as a default option.
- Specific Countries: This option allows you to add the list of countries. Shipping Method gets available only in the listed countries.
Show Method if Not Applicable
This field allows you to show the shipping method even if the shipping method is not available for the order. The setting is as shown below:
Select Yes from the drop-down list if you want to show method even if not applicable.
If you are not getting proper rates( lesser or higher than expected), not getting all the available shipping options, or not getting rates at all, then you enableDebug option to find error(s). By enabling debug mode, you can trace issue using log. The Setting is as shown below:
Select Yes option from the drop-down list to enable debug mode.
If more than one shipping methods are enabled, then this option allows you to position the shipping method among all the available that will be displayed on the checkout page. The setting is as shown below:
Specify the number to show this shipping method on the checkout page.
For Example: Sort order for FedEx is 1, UPS is 2 and Stamps – USPS is 3, then the shipping services for Stamps – USPS will be displayed after FedEx and UPS.
After setting up FedExConfiguration Settings, your customers can see all available services list on the checkout page. The Customer can select the required items and place the order. The Checkout page is as shown below:
Click Next and Place the order.
Create Shipment Label
- To create the shipment and print the label, Navigate to Dashboard > Sales > Orders. The order page appears as shown below:
- Click View to see the order and click on Ship to ship the order as shown below:
- To Create the shipment, select checkbox Create Shipping Label and click Submit Shipment as below:
- Select Create Shipment Label checkbox and click Submit Shipment. Click Add Products to Package. Add selected products to package. Click Save.
- The Created shipment with Message appears as shown below:
To print label, Navigate to Order View > Shipments, the window appears as shown below:
Click View, the window appears as shown below:
Click Print Shipping Label, the sample label appears as shown below: