This tuto know more about the plugin features.
Stamps.com provides service for small businesses, enterprises and online retailers tomers can print labels with postage.
With the help of Stamps.com shipping plugin for Magento 2, you get the real-time rate for USPS. Rate depends on the package, weight, and address of sender and receiver.
This tuto 2. It will give you all the essential knowledge and step-by-step instructions.
Setting Up Stamps.com-USPS Plugin
After installing the plugin, a new shipping method ‘Stamps’ is available for shipping. Now you can configure this Stamps Shipping method as per your requirement. You can navigate to settings as:
- Navigate tores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods.
The general setting fields are as shown below:
- Enabled: Select Yes from the drop-to enable the Stamps.com-USPS shipping method.
- Title: Method Title is visible in Cart page. Specify Title as required(defined by you).
API settings are used to get rates and labels from Stamps.com. API Setting fields are as shown below:
- API User ID: For accessing Stamps.com APIs, you need to register with Stamps.com. After registration is complete, you get User ID and Password.
How to register for Stamps.com?
- Go to Stamps.com
- Click Get Started to sign up.
- Enter all the required details in the given registration form.
- Submit the registration form.
After registration, you will get User ID and Password.
Enter User ID in the given text box.
- API Password: Enter Password which you have got from Stamps.com.
- API Mode: With this field, you can set a required API mode for printing the labels. The available options are as given below:
- Test: Test mode is used do some test purchasing and sample label printing by using Stamps.com API. You can use test mode before using Live Stamps.com Account. There is no real money transaction involved in test mode.
Please, contact Stamps.com to request for white listing your Personal Computer IP so that you can access/see the Label(generated in Test Mode) URLs.
Note: This mode is used only for development purpose and Custo this mode.
- Live: Live mode is used for actual purchase and label printing.
Handling Fee Settings
You can add the shipping price as required total order. The settings are as shown below:
Packages Request Type
Here, you can select the package type for packing the order. The shipping cost changes according to the option selected . The Settings are as shown below:
- Packages Request Type: The available options are as given below:
- Divide total of the cart.
- Use Origin Weight (few request): Package is selected on the basis of each product’s weight.
- Displayed Error Message: In case, the cusdoes get any shipping method, this message is displayed.
- Maximum Package Weight (Please consult your shipping carrier for maximum supported shipping weight): Enter the required maximum limit for the single package after consulting the carrier.
The Country settings are as shown below:
Ship to select countries for shipping. The available options are as given below:
- All allowed Countries: This option provides availability of the plugin tomers in all countries which are set in General Settings. It is set as a default option.
- Specific Countries: This option allows you to add the list of countries. Stamps.com shipping Method gets available only in the listed countries.
If more than one shipping methods are enabled, then this option allows you to position the shipping method among all the available that will be displayed on the checkout page. The setting is as shown below:
Specify the number to show this shipping method on the checkout page.
For Example: Sort order for FedEx is 1, UPS is 2 and Stamps – USPS is 3, then the shipping services for Stamps – USPS will be displayed after FedEx and UPS.
Select the methods which you want tomers. The Setting is as shown below:
Insurance provides coverage in the event that they become lost or damaged while in transit. If Shipper requires protection for items, then insurance may be arranged at an additional cost by USPS. The setting is as shown below:
Select Yes option to insure your package. For more information on insurance, See USPS Insurance – Stamps.
The Setting is as shown below:
Select Yes option to hide the postage amount on Print label.
The Print Label Setting fields are as shown below:
- Print Layout: It deals in the arrangement of visual elements on a page. Print layouts which are supported by WooForce plugin as given below:
- Default: Uses default print layout.
- Normal: Label of 4 X 6 inches gets generated. For Critical Mails, this option generates labels for windowed envelopes.
- NormalLeft: Label of 4 X 6 inches gets generated on the left side of the paper.
- NormalRight: Label of 4 X 6 inches gets generated on the right side of the paper.
- Normal4X6: Label of 4 X 6 inches gets generated. This option only applies to Critical Mails and Library Mails.
- Normal6X4: Label of 6 X 4 inches gets generated. This option only applies to Critical Mails.
- Normal75X2: Label of 7.5 X 2 inches gets generated. This option only applies domestic First Class or Priority packages.
- NormalReceipt: Label of 6 X 4 inches and receipt gets generated.
- NormalCN22: A 4 x 6 label on 8.5 x 11 sheet with Customs Form CN 22 gets generated.
If you are not getting proper rates( lesser or higher than expected), not getting all the available shipping options, or not getting rates at all, then you enableDebug option to find error(s). By enabling debug mode, you can trace issue using log. The Setting is as shown below:
Select Yes option from the drop-to enable debug mode.
After setting up Stamps.com-USPS Configuration Settings, your customer can select the required option and place the order. The Checkout page is as shown below:
Create Shipment Label
- Navigate to Dashboard > Sales > Orders. The order page appears as shown below:
- Click View to ship the order as shown below:
- To Create the shipment, select checkbox Create Shipping Label and click Submit Shipment as below:
- Print the label, the label appears as shown below:
Check out our Post navigation