How to Complete Plugin for WooCommerce?
This article intends to know more about other various features of the plugin.
With this plugin, you can simplify customers for verifying their addresses.
With this plugin, you can achieve the following:
- Use Google auto get live address information, while they are entering their addresses.
- Edit auto-completed address fields.
- Validate address using EasyPost, UPS or USPS: By providing respective credentials, you can validate address using EasyPost, UPS or USPS.
- Enforce address validation: This feature will not allow an order to be placed until a valid address is entered. Remember, this option will be ignored if EasyPost/UPS/USPS API server is down.
- Confirm validated address: Once custo choose from the originally entered address or the validated address.
Installation & Activation
After purchasing the Address Validation & Google Address Auto Complete Plugin for WooCommerce, the plugin’s zip file will be available in MY ACCOUNT section.
Here’s how you can install and activate the plugin:
- Navigate to MY ACCOUNT -> API Downloads tab, and download the plugin.
Note: If you have basic/free version already installed, please deactivate and delete it before installing premium version to avoid any conflict. Your plugin settings will be retained.
- Install the downloaded plugin zip file into your WordPress/WooCommerce site.
- Once installed, you can activate the plugin. You can find Activation Key and Activation Email in MY ACCOUNT -> API Keys section.
- Go to your plugin settings and activate it using activation key and email address.
Getting started with WooCommerce Address Validation and Google Autocomplete plugin
Once the plugin is installed and activated, you can navigate to plugin settings in two ways:
- Dashboard > WooCommerce > Settings > Address Validation & Autocomplete (or)
- Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > Address Validation & Google Address Auto Complete Plugin for WooCommerce > Settings.
Now that we have explored the features of the plugin, and have installed it, let’s get down to configure the plugin.
The plugin settings are divided intocomplete and Address Validation, as shown in the screenshot below.
- EasyPost Address Validation – Select the EasyPost option to enable EasyPost address validation, further setting appears as shown in the screenshot below.
EasyPost API Key – EasyPost API for address verification can improve an overall deliverability of your packages, acting as a safeguard against errors that send packages awry. With EasyPost, you can get instant access to domestic address verification and international address verification.
- UPS Address Validation – Once you have selected UPS option for address validation, following settings appear as shown in the below screenshot.
UPS Username, UPS Password & UPS License Key – Enter your UPS credentials in the respective fields. If you do not have these credentials, register with UPS. Once you have logged in to your UPS account with your credentials, request for an access/license key.
- USPS Address Validation – The address validation setting for USPS is as shown in the screenshot below.
USPS User ID – For accessing USPS APIs, you need to enter in this field.
Enforce Address Validation:
Tick this option to enforce address validation. The checkout will not be processed until a valid address is entered. This option will be ignored if EasyPost API server is down.
Tick this checkbox to debug a problem. Find the request and response log at wp-content\uploads\wc-logs.
Confirm Before Validation:
Enable this setting to confirm the address before the validation process. If this setting is disabled, the users will not be shown the validated address returned from the selected shipping carrier, on the checkout page.
Instead, the address returned is directly taken into proceed with the order.
Once this checkbox is ticked, following settings:
Confirm Using: For confirming address with your custo the checkout page.
The pop-up window option will open another option titled “Confirmation Window CSS“, that allows you tomize the pop-up window based on their website theme.
Once all settings are configured, click Save changes.
When a custocomplete option will be available as shown in the screenshot below.
If you choose the address confirmation to be displayed using the pop-up window, it will be displayed as shown in the screenshot below.
Finally, when the customer selects the desired address, the order can be placed.
In addition to this, you can see the type of address (Residential or Commercial) in the WooCommerce edit order page. You can also find the WooCommerce Order notes updated when the address is validated. This order note will be updated for validated addresses only.
Following is a sample screenshot of a WooCommerce edit order page.
Therefore, with these simple steps, you can incorporate WooCommerce address validation and Google address autore.
To know more about the product, checkout contact our support team.