Please Disable ‘Enable this shipping method’ & Enable ‘Disable this functionality’ in the plugin settings.
Looking for the easiest & efficient way to integrate USPS with WooCommerce shopping cart? Tired of copying and pasting order details just to create a label? Here is the solution!
WooForce WooCommerce USPS Shipping Plugin with Print Label is a WordPress / WooCommerce extension that helps you to automate USPS shipping by displaying shipping rates in cart / checkout page, print label from within WooCommerce, pack items automatically into boxes and enable tracking.
How does it work?
Step 1: Install the Plugin, input your USPS Account details and enable USPS Shipping Method for WooCommerce.
Step 2: Customer sees USPS shipping rates based on items in their cart before placing an order.
Step 3: Print Label (without postage) and Generate Tracking info from within WooCommerce order page.
If you are looking at leveraging USPS shipping then you have two options. Either work with USPS directly or get USPS rates through Stamps.com (As per Stamps.com their online postage service simplifies access to the lowest USPS shipping rates). WooForce has separates plugins for integration with USPS and Stamps.com. With the USPS Plugin you need to manually pay the postage after printing the label. This is because USPS don’t usually share the API to pay postage. But if you need to completely automate the process by paying postage from your WooCommerce Order page, you can use our Stamps.com plugin. Please refer below table for a comparison of both the plugins. You only need to buy one of these plugins depending on whether you need automatic postage payment or not.
|WooCommerce USPS Shipping Plugin||WooCommerce Stamps.com Shipping Plugin|
|Real-time USPS Shipping Rates||Real-time USPS Shipping Rates|
|Label Printing (Without Postage)||Label Printing (With Postage using Stamps.com Account)|
|Enable/disable and add costs to USPS services.||Enable/disable and add costs to USPS services.|
|Domestic & International Shipping||Domestic & International Shipping|
|Define Custom Box Package Dimensions||Define Custom Box Package Dimensions|
|Automatic Shipment Tracking||Automatic Shipment Tracking|
|Packing based on Per Item, Custom Boxes & Weight||Packing based on Per Item, Custom Boxes & Weight|
|Not Applicable||Stamps.com Account Manager (Add Funds)|
|No Subscription charges||You need to obatain a Stamps.com Account. Subscription charges applicable|
Unfortunately USPS don’t share the api to generate stamps. This plugin will generate the Shipping Label, and provide a tracking number, but USPS don’t allow you to generate postages from the API.
To pay for your shipping you will need to pay online at USPS or at the United States Postal Service Post Office.
So, in order to get the stamps, these instructions could help.
How to Buy Postage Stamps Without Going to the Post Office:
1- Purchase stamps as you need them from your mail carrier. Give your carrier your unstamped mail and the money to cover the postage required. If you are paying the carrier directly, you can pay with cash. If you are leaving payment in your mailbox, pay with a check for safety. If you want to buy more stamps than your carrier has on hand, he/she can provide you with a reusable envelope that allows you to indicate how many stamps you’d like. Place your check inside. The carrier will deliver your stamps in the same envelope the next business day.
2- Request a “Stamps By Mail” envelope from your carrier to order stamps if you live on a city postal delivery route. City carriers do not carry postage stamps. Place the envelope with your stamp order and your check for payment out with your mail, and your carrier will deliver your stamps the following day.
3- Purchase stamps from the USPS website. You can also buy postage-paid envelopes and postcards, as well as other mailing services and supplies. On the website you can follow the link to the Postal Store. View the various stamps available for sale, including collector stamps and charity benefit stamps. Choose the ones you wish to purchase. Pay with a major credit card. Debit cards are also accepted if a PIN is not required for the transaction.
4- You may be able to buy stamps at your local grocer or gas station. In fact, many businesses sell U.S. postage stamps at face value as a convenience for their customers. Keep in mind, however, that there are no laws governing the resale price of postage stamps. Merchants can sell stamps to customers at a profit, so pay attention to the price you are being charged if you buy your stamps this way.
5- Watch for signs that say “U.S. Postal Service Approved Shipper.” Approved shippers offer remote postal stations where customers can ship packages and purchase stamps at regular USPS prices.
6- Use an Automated Postal Centre to buy stamps and take care of basic shipping. Lower-traffic areas sometimes have remote postal access through vending-machine-style postal centres.
Last Updated: 14-June-2017
= 3.1.1 =
* Fixed Cart getting blank in case of unpacked item on box packing.
= 3.1.0 =
* Added New Weight Based Algorithm from (UPS).
= 3.0.3 =
* Fixed Conflicting Box pack with DHL plugin.
= 3.0.2 =
* Change in Flat rate price.
= 3.0.1 =
* Fixed problem of not taking variable products weight and dim.
= 3.0.0 =
* Fixed some warning in WC older version.
= 2.9.9 =
* Fixed some compatibility issue with WC 3.0.
= 2.9.8 =
* Fixed warning in tracking.
= 2.9.7 =
* Some fix on last commit. WC 2.7 comatible.
= 2.9.6 =
* Updated international flat rates (Video/DVD) based on new USPS rates.
= 2.9.5 =
* Updated international flat rates based on new USPS rates.
= 2.9.4 =
* Updated Flat rates prices based on new USPS flat rate price.
= 2.9.3 =
* Filter introduced to distinguish between label request and rate request.
= 2.9.2 =
* Bug Fix to incorporate package weight instead of Flat rate box weight while label printing.
= 2.9.1 =
* Fixed bug with -100% adjustment not showing as free.
= 2.9.0 =
* Added Manual Packaging Option.
= 2.8.8 =
* Priority mail 2 day added.
= 2.8.7 =
* Updated readme.txt file.
= 2.8.6 =
* Introduced Bulk Label.
* Enhanced Tracking Feature.
= 2.8.5 =
* Omit fraction portion in the node ‘GrossOunces’.
= 2.8.2 =
* Changed “Packet” to envelope for Flat rate envelopes.
= 2.8.1 =
* API Manager issue fixed.
= 2.8.0 =
* Fixed issue of machinable products.
= 2.7.9 =
* Fixed: Issue of Retail Rates.
= 2.7.8 =
* Fixed: Issue with respect to deactivation of license.
= 2.7.7 =
* Improvement on license key implementation.
= 2.7.6 =
* Implemented license keys.
* Automatically update plugin from wordpress admin.
= 2.7.5 =
* Fix for First Class International Mail Service (envelope).
= 2.7.4 =
* Woocommerce Compatibility update for version 2.6.0.
= 2.7.3 =
* Flat Rate box option implemented.
= 2.7.2 =
* Added filter to skip products from package.
= 2.7.1 =
* Fixed an issue with weight based shipping.
* Cosmetic changes in settings page.
* A fix for price adjustment.
= 2.6.8 =
* Changed the name ‘Standard Post’ to ‘USPS Retail Ground’.
* Option to restrict showing rates if Zip code is not entered.
* Minor content changes.
= 2.6.4 =
* Rates updated.
* Zip4-zip5 format is supported while label printing.
* Content change from ‘online’ to ‘click-n-ship’.
= 2.6.0 =
* Rates updated.
* UX changed for a number of Settings Fields.
= 2.5.9 =
* Media Mail will not be skipped for Virtual Products.
* Bug Fixes.
= 2.5.7 =
* Fixed an issue while showing box information at order admin page.
= 2.5.6 =
* Initial version of New feature to show box information while print label.
= 2.5.5 =
* Fixed an issue with Priority Mail Express International while print label.
= 2.5.4 =
* Plugin now supports print label for USPS multiple international services Priority Mail Express International, Priority Mail International & First Class Mail International.
* Updated label printing services dropdown with international shipping options.
= 2.5.3 =
* Fixed issue while label printing, which prints Priority Mail 2 Day instead of Priority Mail 3 Day.
= 2.5.2 =
* Fixed First Class related issue while choosing the option disable commercial rates.
= 2.5.1 =
* Fixed Address Issue for international shipping label.
= 2.4.0 =
* EMail notification while generating label.
* Sender EMail field at usps admin settings page is optional field now, setting which will enable email notifications.
= 2.3.0 =
* Introduced option to enter manual dimensions for label printing. Print labels even though product dimensions are not set.
* Admin toggle for turning on this feature.
= 2.2.0 =
* Enabled service selection box in admin page, while create shipment.
* Selection box will be defaulted to preferred service.
* USPS Print label is enabled even for the orders with flat rates / other shipping methods.
= 2.1.0 =
* Auto fill shipment ids while creating label.
* An admin toggle to switch between manually filling shipment id and auto filling it while create label.
= 2.0.0 =
* Print Label is now 2 step process.
* Label once created will be stored locally to re-download later.
* Shipment tracking can be auto filled by the shipment ids associate with labels in one click.
* Admin option to toggle shipment tracking functionality on and off.
* Admin option to toggle only customer side shipment tracking on customer’s order page.
* Name of the shipping label now contains order id and tracking number.
* Few code tweaks.
= 1.3.0 =
* Added shipment tracking for admin and customer order details page.
* Added admin toggle to turn of this functionality every where as well as customer side alone.
* Customer side shipment tracking will be off by default and can be enabled from admin end.
= 1.2.2 =
* UI tweak while displaying errors.
= 1.2.1 =
* When API throws error, it should be displayed to user while clicking on print label button. Fixed.
* Clicking on settings link for USPS in plugins page should lead to usps settings. Fixed.
* Minor Bug Fixes.
= 1.2.0 =
* Introduced compact label printing.
* This includes 4×6 printing for international labels.
* Few more admin configuration options including file type of labels.
= 1.1.0 =
* Fixed ‘[‘ issue in few php versions.
* International print shipping introduced.
= 1.0 =
* Dynamic Shipping Rates
* Label Printing
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
James - 1 week agoI see the Click-N-Ship rates are cheaper than OFFLINE rates, but how do I verify this on USPS.com? The calculators I've seen just show the regular OFFLINE rates. I want to make sure we're not left paying extra in postage. Thanks!
Adnan - 3 weeks agoHello, I started using this USPS plugin and it works well for US. However, when I get orders from Canada, there is no "Create New Label" button, when I try to generate label thru "Generate Packages" button it gives me this error: API Authorization failure. User 243ELYPR5990 is not authorized to use API FirstClassMailIntl. [80040B1A, USPSCOM::DoAuth] Can you please help me figure out the way to ship to my Canadian Customers. Thanks.
Kevin - 1 month agoI have filled out all of the info, but I can't enable USPS as a shipping option because it isn't listed in the dropdown. Did I miss a checkbox somewhere? I have been through it over and over but I don't see a way to add USPS to my shipping options. I still see UPS, but not USPS. Any help is appreciated. Screenshot 1: http://www.necksgen.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/usps1.jpg Screenshot 2: http://www.necksgen.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/usps2.jpg
Lorenzo - 1 month agoHi Kevin, Based on the screenshot you're looking for the USPS shipping option in the woocommerce shipping zones. Our USPS plugin works independently hence it will not show int he shipping zones. But you can find the settings in the shipping settings in woocommerce as another tab. The Shipping rates should show fine and you can set your own shipping zone preference using the USPS plugin as to which country you want to ship your products to. Regards, Lorenzo Team Xadapter
Kevin - 4 weeks ago
But you can find the settings in the shipping settings in woocommerce as another tabWhat tab? I have searched through and can't find anything there that I missed. I showed the only tab I can see settings to edit for USPS in woocommerce in screenshot2. Is there something else I'm missing? I have it enabled, but it doesnt show as an option at checkout on my site.
Lorenzo - 4 weeks agoHi Kevin, Once you've activate the USPS plugin in the plugin settings, the USPS plugin will appear next to the shipping class tab in the shipping settings on woocommerce. Please raise a request in xadapter support if you still have issues, and also provide admin credentials in the request. Regards, Lorenzo Team Xadapter