How to Add Text to Customer InvoiceHaritha
An invoice including text from customers ie; customer notes, is an example of an ideal invoice. WooCommerce allows you two ways to add text to customer invoice. You can do it either by using an extension or manually on WooCommerce itself. The major difference is that if you are using an extension your workload will be less.
The best extension to use in order to add text to invoice is WooCommerce PDF Invoice & Packing List plugin by Xadapter.
Adding Text to Invoice Using Extension
Installation of the Plugin
After purchasing the Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce, the plugin will be available as a zip file in the API Downloads section of your MY ACCOUNT page.
- Download the zip file from API Downloads by logging into your XAdapter MY ACCOUNTS page.
- Log in as the WordPress Admin of your online store.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New to upload the downloaded plugin.
- Choose the plugin file to upload.
- Finally, activate the plugin.
On your WordPress dashboard go to WooCommerce > Invoice/ Packing List.
Here is the screenshot of the opening page.
- Enable invoice by selecting the checkbox.
- Choose a standard template and customize it if you wish.
- Attach PDF to the email by selecting the checkbox.
- Provide order status(es) on which invoices should be generated.
Go to the Additional fields on Invoice option on the Advanced settings part of the page.
The screenshot of it is given here.
Clicking on the empty field opens up a few additional fields options as shown in the screenshot. Choose customer note from those options.
Click save changes.
Now the invoice generated by your store site will definitely include a text in the form of customer note in it.
Adding Text to Invoice Manually
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to add text on the invoice generated in your store.
Go to WooCommerce > Orders from your dashboard. Here is the resulting page’s screenshot.
On the opening page, click on the miniature version of the pencil icon.
Enter shipping address in the respective fields and enter “customer provided note”.
Send invoice email to the customer.
Here is a screenshot of an invoice email showing customer notes.