XAdapter provides you the options to purchase the license for a Single site, up to 5 sites, or up to 25 sites. The installation process consists of 4 simple steps.
- Step 1: Go to My Account -> “API Downloads” tab and download the plugin.
- Note: If you have Basic/Free version already installed, please Deactivate and Delete the Basic Version before installing Premium Version to avoid any conflict. Your plugin settings will be retained intact.
- Step 2: Install the downloaded plugin into your WordPress / WooCommerce Site.
- Step 3: You will get Activation Key and Activation Email at My Account -> “API Keys”.
- Step 4: Go to your site admin and the Settings page of the plugin and activate it using email and key.
Detailed instructions are given in following sections.
Section 1 of this article will guides you through the step-by-step instructions to Download, Install and Activate the Premium Plugin after purchase.
Section 2 of this article will guides you through the step-by-step instructions to Download and Install the Free/Basic version of Plugin.
FAQ section of this article will help you to resolve some of the issues customers face during the insallation process.
Steps to Download the Premium Plugin from XAdapter.
- After purchasing the plugin, Go to My Account section of XAdapter site.
- Login with your credentials which are used to purchase the plugin. It is as shown below:
- After Logging in, navigate to API Downloads as shown below:
- Click Download to download the plugin package ZIP file. It gets downloaded as shown below:
Note: If you are using Mac OS Safari Browser to download the plugin and facing issues, please refer Q3 from FAQ section down below.
After downloading the ZIP file, you need to install it into your website in order to use the plugin.
- Login to your WordPress site admin using your admin credentials as shown below:
- Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add New as shown below:
- Click on Upload Plugin as shown below:
- The window appears as shown below:
- Click on Choose File to browse the plugin ZIP file. It is as shown below:
- Select the Zip file and click open. The window appears as shown below:
- Click Install Now, the window appears as shown below:
- Click Activate Plugin, the Plugins Page appear as shown below:
- Click Import Export/Settings link (according to the plugin you using) to go to Admin settings of the plugin.
Steps to Activate the License of Premium Plugin
Once the plugin is installed, you can activate it by using the API Key provided by XAdapter in My Account to get the timely update notification.
- To get API Licence Key and Email, go to My Account of XAdapter. And navigate to API Key as shown below:
- Navigate to Plugin Admin Settings Page. Use this API Key and Email then enter these details under Licence Activation Section of Plugin Settings. It appears as shown below:
- Click on Activate. That’s it!
Steps to Update the Premium Plugin to the Latest Version
Once the plugin update is available, you get the notification on Plugins page as shown below:
Click update now to update the plugin to the latest version.
Note: Your existing settings of the plugin remains intact after updating the plugin.
Steps to Download and Install the Free/Basic Plugin.
You can install the basic version of the plugin from the WORDPRESS.ORG.
Note: If you have installed ‘Basic’ version of the WordPress, then please deactivate it first before installing the Premium version.
To download the free plugin, click on the required plugin after navigating to the required free plugin page. The window appears as shown below:
Click Download Version.
After downloading the ZIP file, you need to install it into your website in order to use the plugin. For detailed information, see the topic Steps to Install the Plugin.
Steps to Update the Free/Basic Plugin to the Latest Version.
Remove existing installed version of the plugin from your WordPress site before uploading the latest version. You need to deactivate and delete the plugin. Otherwise, you will end up getting ‘Destination folder already exists‘ error.
- Deactivate the plugin by clicking Deactivate as shown below:
- Once you have Deactivated the plugin, you get Delete option as shown below:
- For next procedure, please continue from Step 2 of How to install WordPress/WooCommerce plugin to your WordPress website?
Note: Your existing settings of the plugin remains intact while updating the plugin.
Q1: How to download Premium WordPress/WooCommerce plugin from XAdapter?
Please refer the article section, Steps to Download the Premium Plugin from XAdapter.
Q2: How to install Free WordPress/WooCommerce plugin?
Please refer the article section, Steps to Download and Install the Free/Basic Plugin.
Q3: I see a bunch of files instead of plugin zip after download.
Invalid plugin message during install.
Solution: If you are using Safari browser in Mac, sometimes plugin zip will be automatically extracted by Safari while downloading. To solve this, please follow below steps before downloading plugin:
– Open Safari.
– Click Preferences.
– Under the General tab, uncheck the option Open “safe” files after downloading.
– Download the plugin zip again.
Q4: Do your WooCommerce plugins work on WordPress multisite?
Yes. You have to Install the WooCommerce plugin & Our plugin at the network level (DONT Activate).
And Activate WooCommerce & Our plugin and the individual site level.
Q5: I still face issues with plugin even after following this document.
Please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you and resolve any issues asap.
Check out these high-quality WooCommerce plugins available at our Marketplace.